Saturday, January 21, 2012

Happy birthday, my sweet boy

Today would have been Jasper's 16th birthday.  I really wish we had made it that far (we went to a 17th birthday party for another Golden once so it can be done) but I have to admit I didn't really count on it so I made a big deal about his last few birthdays.  Last year we had a great big Happy Birthday cookie with frosting and everything and, of course, lots of pictures were taken each year.  I don't think he enjoyed posing for the pictures but I cherish them now.

This year we still celebrate his birthday as a tribute.  It's a double celebration because we're also celebrating our new addition.  I wish they could have known each other, I think they would have been great friends.


Of course, no birthday celebration would be complete without cake - a big cake and a little cake so that nobody feels left out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!