Wednesday, March 14, 2012

resolutions revisited

By this time of the year most people have forgotten about their January resolutions and I'm no different so I thought it might be a good idea for me to revisit a couple of the lofty goals I set forth just a couple of months ago.

1. sing as much as possible, even if it's only in the car or shower but even better, look for opportunities to let your inner diva come out and play

I'm actually doing this!  Yay me!  I started with a new choir at the end of January.  We meet on Monday nights and will give a small concert in May.  There are approximately 25 members and it's a good mix of all 4 parts so no one group (sopranos) dominates.  There are no diva opportunities yet although my ears did perk up when the director mentioned the need for someone to solo the first verse of Fly Me To The Moon for the singalong at the end of the concert.  I do love my Sinatra. 


Of course, I have a bit of a love-hate relationship with the whole thing.  I've never been a big fan of this particular director's teaching style so I have to talk myself into attending each rehearsal and then I sit there in frustration while we go over and over little, tiny bits of the songs.  I love singing because it makes me feel happy and free, which is impossible when you only get to sing 2 words before being interrupted.  We've been there for almost 2 months and we have get to sing one single song all the way through.  But when we finally do get to do an entire verse, it's magic so I guess it'll all be worth it in the end.  Of course, you'll need to remind me of this next Monday afternoon when I start trying to come up with excuses to miss rehearsal.
 
3. make more healthy choices than unhealthy but don't regret the unhealthy, if you're going to cheat on your diet then you might as well enjoy every moment



Considering I just had a deep-fried tortilla drizzled with honey and powdered sugar for lunch, I may need to work a little on the healthy choices but I sure loved every bite so I'm keeping up with half the resolution.  Yay me again.
 
6. discard anything (clothes, clutter, situations, people) that takes away from being adorable


This only works if the discardee is within your control so there are roadblocks in the adorable road for sure but I'm working on the stuff that I do control.  It's slow going though, clutter is stubborn.  Tomorrow I tackle the closet.  I had been hoping to wait on that project until I was in a position to buy new clothes because I have a feeling that once I discard anything that isn't working for me, I might end up nekkid.  However, I've decided to go ahead and empty out the closet now just because I'm tired of things that have outlived their usefulness.
 
As for other resolutions - they are all works in progress...hey, I've got a whole year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!