Saturday, June 21, 2014

Clothespins - not just for laundry anymore

Don't everyone fall over in surprise but I've been creating and crafting lately and I've actually enjoyed it. Believe me, it shocks me too!

I've fallen in love with the idea of painting things. I love to take something old or merely functional and with a little bit of paint and embellishment, make it pretty as well as practical.

That was the idea behind my recent clothespin project. Really it all began when I couldn't find any plastic clips for my potato chip bag. I had some extra clothespins around but I wanted something with a little more flair so an idea was born.

All I needed was a quick trip to the craft store for some supplies and I was off and running.





Note the very sophisticated drying rack, nothing but the best for me!


I finally found a use for scrapbook paper!


Once the scrapbook paper is cut to the right size, I Mod Podge the heck out of it...covers a multitude of sins, love that stuff.


and voila - the finished product ready to adorn a chip bag near you. Put a magnet strip on the back and they're great on the refrigerator for holding notes or pictures. I'm kind of in love with them.

5 comments:

  1. Cute project Jonni. We all need clips for chips....LOL Love the plaid one. Thanks for sharing. From your newest follower, Linda from Life and Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jonni, they're beautiful! What a great idea you came up with.

    I see Christmas gifts for your friends in those!

    Blessings on your day,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jonni, these clothes pins are too cute. I have done them too and it is such a perfect creation with so many uses. Love your colors and the papers you used.
    Thank you for sharing and also for being a new follower on my blog. I am now one here too and so glad to find your lovely blog.
    Hugs from Texas.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, those are just darling! And here you were, trying to convince us that you weren't crafty! So pretty and so useful too:)

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!