Monday, March 10, 2014

Bring On Spring

No winter lasts forever; no spring skips its turn.
  
 
 

Yesterday we finally got to "spring forward" to Daylight Savings Time. I know it's controversial and not universally popular but I love it. I dread the whole "fall back" time of year, I hate winter evenings that are dark by 5pm so I celebrate those extra hours of daylight in the spring and summer.
 
 
 
It's been a long winter and any signs of spring are welcome. I have a giant climbing rose in the backyard and every year when it's bare I worry that it won't come back but miraculously, one day it's just a bunch of sticks and the next it seems to have burst into bloom overnight. The abundance of blooms always takes me by surprise. I think life is a lot like that.
 
 
 
We could never endure winter if not for the hope of spring.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. I thought of you this morning as you should be having nice Spring weather and I hoped you would be on the coast for it. I, too, LOVE daylight savings time and didn't even change some of my clocks last fall so now they are right on time. ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!