Thursday, July 17, 2014

the big bad pool

I knew it would happen.


Before we left for our little trip I said to Mr. French, "Shifu is going to fall in the pool while we're there."

"oh no he won't, he's smart enough to stay away from it." was Mr. Know-It-All French's reply.

Not that I'd ever say I told you so but I TOLD YOU SO!

See, we have this tiny little ledge around the backside of the pool and Shifu likes to pretend he's a female gymnast walking on the balance beam so he just had to try it out. He made it around once with no problem but I didn't want to take any chances so I used some pool toys to block his access.however at some point they got moved and on our 3rd day there, my little daredevil was on the tiny ledge before I could stop him. I thought he'd make it around ok again but he decided to switch directions right in the middle of his journey and, whoop!, his back leg slipped a little and

SPLASH!

I jumped up immediately and was prepared to plunge into the pool to save him but he's a dog and he did what dogs do. Shifu can swim! He is actually quite a good swimmer and he headed straight for the opposite edge where I was waiting to pull him out. As soon as I made sure he wasn't hurt in any way I did what any good mother would do...I got out the camera and documented the whole thing.




Far from being scared by his adventure, he was energized the rest of the day. I think it really cooled him off, he's a California dog and was suffering a little in the Florida humidity.

He did, however, keep a wary eye on the pool for the rest of our trip.


2 comments:

  1. OK, so this was just as funny as the first time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor little cute guy! I'm glad he is safe and that you right there to rescue him. Have a lovely weekend! ~ Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!