Monday, July 7, 2014

Time flies

I can't believe our wonderful,  marvelous and much anticipated week is over. By the time you read this we will be back in California.  Sigh.

We had so much fun. We celebrated my mother's 92nd birthday and our 28th anniversary.  We got together with dear friends as well as dear family that we're lucky to call friends as well.

We ate well, both at home and out. We swam and laughed and even cried...although that was from all the laughing.

It was great to have Shifu with us. We didn't have to worry about him being lonely at home and he learned that the world was bigger than he had ever imagined.

Of course I don't want to leave this home of my heart but I'm sure the ghosts at Tor House have missed me so I guess I must return to work and the real world.  Sigh.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you had a wonderful time! It's always hard to settle back into reality after a terrific vacation.

    By the way, my husband and I also celebrated our 28th anniversary this year (back in February). Yay for a 1986 wedding!

    Blessings,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your family/friends had a great time, too.

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!