Friday, November 22, 2019

the day



This time last year I said goodbye. Most people think this is the hardest day of the year for me but that really came last Friday, the anniversary of the day we had our last conversation and he went off to work and was lost to me forever. But I got through that day and I'll get through all the others. I lost a lot last year but I've gained a lot too. I have a local support system that I didn't have before. I have the joy of being in the lives of 8 children ( 4 local and 4 in West Virginia ) and watching them grow and loving them so much. I have such a great family, both my chosen family and my birth family who are coming to visit me this weekend. I know who my friends are and who I can count on...and I know how to say goodbye to the ones that haven't been there. I don't know why but I have great optimism about 2020.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!