Thursday, March 24, 2022

peace

 


Good morning from my office!

Ever since COVID we've been given the option to work from home part of the time and since I have a very long commute, I've chosen to work from home 3 days a week and in the office the other 2 days. It works out well because I find myself looking forward to my office days as a nice change of pace. I enjoy the interaction with my supervisor because there's always a lot of gossip important news to catch up on.

But my real favorite day of the week is Friday when there is nobody else in the house when I wake up and I can throw on just a shirt and panties and sit in the living room doing my work with absolute peace and quiet.

I value peace a lot, sometimes probably to my own detriment because I have often sought peace at any price. It will come as no surprise to anybody that knew him that Taz had a temper with a capital T. I did not grow up with anyone with a temper so living with Taz's frequent outbursts was an eye-opener for me. He wasn't often mad AT me but he was mad AROUND me and the volume was the same and the yelling battered my soul. I often felt like I was walking on eggshells just waiting for the next thing that set him off. I would plan every aspect of our lives down to the last detail just to make sure there was nothing to upset him but it was always the details I couldn't control that messed up that plan.







Peace is what I crave these days and I'm blessed enough to have it most of the time. No more yelling, no more anger, no more rage, no more walking on eggshells.

Chris shares many traits with Taz, I think they would have liked each other, but his most important trait is what they don't have in common - he brings me peace. He has a temper about stuff in the outside world but he never brings it home. In the almost 2 years we've been together, he's never gotten angry at me and not only that, he's encouraged me to let him know when I'm not all that thrilled with him and we talk about it and he never blames me for feeling that way. It's been refreshing.



I value peace, it's what I crave, and I used to work very hard to have it but now it just comes naturally and that's such a blessing. Our daily life is full of laughter and love and most of the drama comes from the interaction of two growing children who love each other but also get on each other's nerves. Our grownup relationship has plenty of excitement but little drama which maybe explains why when drama does happen it seems magnified for the moment. But quickly we slip back into the peaceful pattern and just enjoy each other's company.

A year ago I was getting ready to sell my house and was busy packing up the last few things. Those things have been in storage this whole time so this weekend it's going to be time to open up the boxes and incorporate more of my things into our home and get rid of the things I really don't need anymore. I think that's one of the reasons I've been feeling a little unsettled, I miss having some of my things around me, especially my books. I've been in a sort of limbo for a long while now and it's time to incorporate the old life and the new and figure out who Jonni is in 2022.

On another note - it's just 7 months until the wedding! I haven't done a lot of planning since we settled on a date and place but now it's finally time to get into high gear wedding planning mode so that's probably what my next few posts will be about.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!