Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Christmas and New Year's Eve

 


Happy New Year!

I have some pictures from Christmas and New Years Eve that I'd like to share. We had a lovely Christmas day with the kids, they enjoyed their presents, we ate ham (which I really don't like) plus Chris insisted on making green bean casserole and yams (which the kids and I don't like) but Chris enjoyed it all. Later I made biscuits and the kids and I spread them with Nutella which we all enjoyed so at least we didn't go hungry. 

The kids went back to their mother's house that evening and were there until they went back to school after the new year so I finally got a chance to work from home without interruptions which was very much appreciated.


One amazing thing that we did on Christmas morning was to visit each of the 3 ladies that Chris transports at 5am 3 days a week to wish them Merry Christmas and give them a little present. It was a complete surprise to each of them and they were so touched that their transport driver and his family remembered them on that day. These are the same 3 ladies that attended our wedding and each of them calls Chris their "husband" because they swear he married each of us that day. I couldn't ask for 3 sweeter "sister wives" so I'm ok with that. Truly, going to see them was the best part of Christmas day for all of us.










We had a quiet New Years Eve. Chris canceled his plans to do work with his business partner to get the office/shed ready and was willing to go with me to a favorite little town but it started raining as we started out and walking around that town in the rain would be no fun so we decided to go out to eat for lunch and then back home to enjoy snacks and movies for the rest of the night.


Neither of us made it until midnight, we took a "nap" at 9pm. Chris set an alarm for 11:30pm but that didn't wake him up so I turned it off. I was still awake at midnight and he magically woke up at that minute, kissed me and then was back asleep right away, which was actually pretty funny. I didn't mind that we didn't have any party plans, I enjoyed a quiet start to 2023 - the year I reclaim myself.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!