Thursday, August 4, 2011

Life lesson #2432

Before you add cayenne pepper to your guacamole, measure out the amount rather than just shake it into the avocado or else you'll end up inventing NitroGuac.  Oh wait, you can't invent it, I already did!

Two minutes after I snapped the picture this mixture was orange rather than green.  I had to throw half of it down the sink and even then, it still has quite a kick.  It's pretty yummy actually, I think I'll do it again next time!

So here's a new life lesson - take a risk once in a while and disregard the rules, you may like it...or you may need to run out to the store to buy a new avocado and start all over again.



2 comments:

  1. Remind me to not let you make the guac when we are together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same goes for marinades -- even my husband, who I've seen swig Tabasco from the bottle, couldn't eat that dinner!

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!