Thursday, August 8, 2013

good, bad & ugly

We're back from the trip! Had a great time, it's fun to hang out with family...for a few days, at least.

The Good

I'm happy to report that my packing was pretty much spot on. I didn't run out of clothes, I wore everything I packed so nothing went to waste and I was dressed appropriately for each occasion. It really helped that I brought a big purse on the plane (not technically another carry on bag so no extra charge) so that I had plenty of room for last minute odds and ends and my suitcase wasn't overstuffed.

I'm a little obsessed with giraffes so I adore this bag
At the last minute I stuffed a pair of shorts in my bag which turned out to be the best decision since I wore those shorts every day when we were just hanging out at the house and saved the skirts for when we went out. Score one for me! I can use all the encouragement I can get because...

The Bad

Despite all my meticulous planning I managed to forget a couple of things on my way out the door to the airport. I arrived in Las Vegas without any jewelry (it was sitting in its little pouch just waiting for me to put it in the suitcase) and my hat. Not my finest moment but at least it was easily remedied by a trip to Target for a couple pair of earrings and a cute, new hat...all on clearance!

Luckily I didn't forget any of the essentials like makeup and hair tools, the lack of those would have caused far more anxious moments.

The Ugly

There isn't really anything ugly, I just had to put that in there. About the only thing I can think of is that our flight home was delayed by 3 hours and the skirt and t-shirt that were perfect for the flight into Vegas were not quite enough for hours on a chilly plane and 50 degree temperatures in San Francisco.

All in all it was a successful experiment. Can't wait for the next trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!