Friday, August 1, 2014

welcome to the prairie

Welcome to the prairie



August always makes me think of weddings because the ultimate prairie girl, Laura Ingalls Wilder, married that farmer boy hottie, Almanzo, on August 25 in 1885 - a mere 129 years ago. Almanzo was my first book crush, I love the strong, silent type.

Weddings always make me think about food (and cake!) which makes me want to get out my favorite prairie cookbooks to try a few things.

So, in honor of Laura and Almanzo's anniversary, I'm spending August getting my prairie on "in the kitchen with Laura." Hitch up your buggy and join me!






1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I absolutely loved Little House when I was young! My best friend and I were pioneers for Halloween in the 4th grade:) Half pint was my idol! I had a huge crush on Albert...I wonder whatever happened to him!

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!