Thursday, February 14, 2019

Valentine's Day


Valentine's Day was always special to me and Mr. T. We got engaged on Valentine's Day back when we were just babies. Well, at least it felt like we were babies, we were so young and untried.

Twenty-five years later (25!??!?) we decided to recreate that moment. To be truthful, the recreation was a lot nicer than the original which was more of a discussion than a proposal.



It was such a special night, so perfect.

Other Valentine's Days have been a little more lowkey.

Like the time we went to Cracker Barrel


Or Waffle House

 And sometimes we went a little fancier


Yes, most of our special moments have included food.

The great thing is, it never really mattered where we were or what we ate or what we did. Being together was always the most important part of Valentine's Day.

And I guess that's why today hasn't been as hard as I thought it would be. Of course I'm sad that we can't be together anymore but I have so many beautiful memories so I've been focusing on them and it ended up being good day. For that I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!