Thursday, July 28, 2011

Anybody know what this is?  Yep, you got it - it's the car charger for my cell phone.

The very same car charger that has been missing for months.  The same car charger that I spent hours looking for before we headed across country in December.  The car charger I kind of told T was packed in my suitcase on that trip.  The missing charger that caused me to make a quick, sneaky trip to Walmart to purchase a new one so that I wouldn't have to admit that I'd somehow lost the original.  That car charger.

Apparently playing with aprons yesterday brought my retro housewife out in full force and she freaked out a little when she saw the pile of stuff in the corner of the bedroom and forced me to clean it up.  She can be such a nag.  Of course, right there on the bottom of the pile was the missing car charger, minding its own business.  There actually was a lot of interesting stuff in the pile, things that had been missing for almost a year (like my library card) and things I didn't even remember I had.  It was a little like an achaeological dig.

So now that the prodigal car charger has turned up from who knows where (because you'll never get me to believe it was right in the bedroom, under my nose the whole time) what am I going to do with two chargers?  Oh wait, I could always have one here and keep one in Florida so that I don't have to travel with one all the time.  Yeah, that's the perfect solution.  That was the plan all along!  I'm freakin' brilliant!

Now, if only I can come up with a good reason for having two library cards...

3 comments:

  1. Don't you just love/hate when that happens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Answer to both items: You use one, and put the other away in a place you know you'll remember (but won't) so when you lose the one you use, you have a backup you can't find either. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It must be a family thing. I bought one, never took it out of the package, but did take it to MD in Dec. After the accident we couldn't find it and still haven't. I was just thinking I need to get another one cuz I sometimes forget to charge the phone. So far it has not died. :-)

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!