Monday, July 25, 2011

When It's Time To Change

When it's time to change, then it's time to change

Don't fight the tide, come along for the ride, don't you see

When it's time to change, you've got to rearrange

who you are into what you're gonna be.
That's the song that has been running through my head today.  It's from The Brady Bunch, in case you don't recognize the words...the episode where Peter's voice started to change just as they were about to sing on TV...normal, everyday stuff that happened to all of us in the '70s.

For the last year or so, change has been thrust upon me without my permission and definitely without my approval.  It's not anybody's fault, it's life and circomstances and all that crap.  But for someone that likes stability and routine and fun, it's been hard and awful and yucky and I'm damned tired of it.

So today I decided to roll with the tide and make another change, one that's totally within my control.

Ok, it might be a little hard to tell from this picture but I'm not blonde anymore...I'm strawberry blonde!  Actually, it looks downright red in the mirror but I have a feeling it'll be strawberry in the sunlight.  I've been thinking about doing it for a while now and I decided today was the day.  Somehow this one little change makes me feel like I could conquer the world.

So, now that I'm now in control of the changes, I can't wait to see what I come up with next.  Maybe I'll take up jogging, maybe I'll bake an award winning recipe, maybe I'll clean up my spare room and turn it into a studio where I get all creative and come up with a product that people will pay millions for!  Ok, that was probably a little over the top.  Me clean up the spare room?  Yeah, right.,

1 comment:

  1. I love that you would remember that song from The Brady Bunch.
    And change is good...sometimes. It's harder for me as I get older. I like the strawberry blonde!

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!