Saturday, November 28, 2015

family


Today is my sister's birthday and all of my family gathered to celebrate with her...except me.

That makes me sad but she's almost 3000 miles away and getting there is a little out of my price range right now. Still, if I had known that everyone else would be there, I would have tried to find a way.

Because I live so far away from all of them, I'm not sure my family knows how much they mean to me and how much I miss them. It's been so long since I've been able to celebrate holidays with them, I've mostly gotten used to being away but sometimes, like today, it's hard.

I have a great family, they are funny and upbeat and resilient. When we do get together there is much laughter and very little drama. I am proud of each one of them. I am especially proud of my sister who is facing serious health issues with faith, strength and humor. She is such an inspiration to me.

So today I'm so grateful for my wonderful family. I was there with you in spirit, I promise.

1 comment:

  1. It is hard being away from family! Do you ever Skype with them? It's not as good as being there in person but it's a fun way to connect:)

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!