Wednesday, June 10, 2020

flying


I feel like I'm back in high school again, the boys that I like don't like me and I don't like the ones that like me.

But maybe none of this was designed to help me land a man, maybe it's just to find a friend.

After a day of ghosting on my part, the guy from the video chat the other night (I'll call him Chris, mostly because that's his name LOL) wasn't going away. He wasn't stalkery about it, he just sent me little "how is your day?" texts throughout the day and I just ignored them. And felt guilty about it.

This morning, when he texted good morning, I decided to be adult about it and say goodbye. I played the widow card, telling him that I had thought a lot about it and I wasn't ready yet for a new relationship. I don't actually think this is true (my body is definitely ready for something) but I know I'm not ready for a relationship with him.

He said that was ok and asked if I still wanted to be friends and y'all, I did. He's a really nice guy even if he's not romance material and so we're in the friendzone.

I have no idea what that means exactly. We've texted a little back and forth today as we go about our jobs but I've been texting with other people as well. Let me tell you, some guys out there are such jerks (I "met" one yesterday) it's easy to get your feelings hurt, so it's kind of nice to have somebody out there asking how you are without the pressure of a relationship looming over everything. And it's somebody who already knows what I look like and doesn't think I'm old and fat...or if he does, he keeps it to himself. LOL

Because of one guy I'm texting today (don't see it going anywhere) I'm actually making progress on my list for 2020. Remember this post? It was my list of goals for 2020.

I'm not getting very far on the travel (stupid virus) and my writing hasn't taken off yet (stupid laziness) I'm kind of making progress on getting laid...ahem, I mean dating. I've certainly "met" a lot of men over video but no free dinners. That's disappointing.

But, because of a text conversation I had today, I'm going to take the first steps towards learning to fly! I've identified a ground school course that I can take online which will allow me to pass the FAA test so that I can start flight training at some point. I'm so excited about this! It's something totally different in my life, something I probably never would have thought about doing if Taz was around. And who knows how far I'll get, flying is expensive, but the ground school course isn't too bad (thank you COVID bonus from work) and I will save up money for the first discovery training flight I want to take which won't happen until November (happy birthday to me) so just taking these little baby steps is exciting.

And something I might want to share with a friend, I think I'll go text Chris.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!