Wednesday, June 24, 2020

happy


Just checking in to say that I'm still good, really happy. I smile a lot more these days.


Taz and I used to eat a lot of this gelato, he had pistachio and I bounced around between a few different flavors. He could never bring himself to throw out any of the containers and they are really nice. I think he had plans to repurpose them to hold nails and screws and things. I eventually had to throw out a bunch of them last year because I needed the cabinet space. I haven't eaten any of this stuff in over a year and a half but finally bought some last week and I remember why we liked it so much. So far I'm still working on this first container, I just enjoy a little taste every couple of days. Taz and I had to work real hard to not eat all of this in just one sitting and it rarely lasted more than 2-3 days. Things change.

Had an unexpected day off from work last week so I made a trip out to a cute little Florida town that I haven't visited in 9 years to get a new shower sponge. They have amazing Greek food there so, of course, I had to have lunch. The tzatziki sauce was just as life-changing as I remembered. It is seriously the best.

Have you ever showered with a natural sponge? There is really nothing like it. I got my first sponge when we visited Tarpon Springs back in 2011 and I loved it so much that I would travel with it from California to Florida every time. I used that thing until it literally fell apart last year. I got another one from Amazon and it's nice but when I showered with my new one from TS last weekend I knew that there was really no comparison. I will only get my sponges from Spongeorama from now on. I know that seems silly but there's just something about the feel of that sponge over my body, kind of a sensual experience. Yeah, I know it's weird but true.

It was HOT there! Summer is definitely here in Florida and I'm not thrilled about that. I really hate summer here.


Except for the pool, I LOVE the pool in summer. The kids and I spent a lot of time in the water on Saturday and it's the perfect way to pass the time since we can't do much of anything else these days.

That's about it from me. There are other things to share but I just want to hold them close to my heart for a little while longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!