Wednesday, June 17, 2020

good


Just checking in to say that everything is good and I'm in a happy place.

And it feels good to be there after so long of being either in a bad place or just being so numb that it took too much energy to feel much of anything.



I did a little socializing on Saturday with a coworker. We tried to be very safe with masks before and after the food and kept our distance from each other as we caught up. We used to go out to lunch every couple of weeks back in the pre-pandemic days so we had months of gossip to catch up on. It was nice. And the sushi was THE BOMB...literally, mine was called an Avocado Sushi Bomb. LOL



I decided I needed a little pick me up in the form of new clothes. There's a store not too far from my office that has cute clothes that are affordable. I first discovered one of their stores on a trip to Alabama to see my family last summer. I'd never been in before but I got into town earlier than expected and decided to do a little shopping. I walked out of the store $100 poorer but with a big bag of clothes which seemed like a bargain. I even brought my little sis back with me a day later, she'd never been in there either, and we both found things.

So when I came back to Florida I visited the store near me and found a couple more cute things. I've been in a few more times but never repeated that first experience. But last week I decided to indulge in a little retail therapy and get some cute things for summer. I walked out with another big bag but when I tried them on at home (because the dressing rooms were closed at the store) I didn't like any of them and decided to return all of them which was disappointing.


Monday after work I put Charlie in her bag and back to the store we went. I returned everything but asked for store credit rather than a refund because I was determined to indulge myself with new stuff.

And guys, I found all the cute things I had missed last week! I found 3 dresses and 3 tops including 2 that I'd seen online and looked for in the store last week but couldn't find. I'm going to be freakin' adorable this summer! I also managed to use up all of my store credit AND owe them an additional $3 because I'm awesome like that.

I could hardly wait to get home and try them on, kinda fearful I wouldn't like them either, but I loved everything. 

And hopefully I'll have occasion to wear all those clothes this summer while I'm hanging out with Chris...and that's all I'm going to say about that. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!