Monday, June 8, 2020

solo


You know how I said I wasn't going to play around with that Facebook dating app anymore?

I lied.

After Toothbrush Guy (who actually made a return appearance last night for a little while before leaving FOREVER in a blaze of glory) I decided to give it one last try and liked a few more guys. I started texting with a couple of them and finally there was one who I texted with all weekend. He said a lot of the right things about romance and cuddling and walks on the beach but he never really asked me anything about myself and not that I'm a narcissist or anything (really, I'm not) but it seems like somebody interested in dating you might want to find out a few things about you. He was also starting to move a little too fast, talking about going away for the weekend, cooking dinner for me at his place, etc. before we'd even made plans to meet up at some point. And he wasn't the least bit funny which is really the most important requirement for me.

So tonight I suggested we do a video meeting and I'm so glad I did. He jumped right into the conversation and started talking about his job and problems he'd had and probably a whole bunch of other things about himself but I don't remember exactly what because I'm pretty sure I dozed off at some point. We talked for about 30 minutes...no, HE talked for about 30 minutes and then I used poor Charlie as an excuse and told him that I needed to take my dog out and then I was going to bed. I now know so much about him, his previous relationships, his children, his health issues and he knows absolutely nothing about me because he didn't ask. 

I'm really disappointed but I know there's no reason to go any further with this. Why is it so hard to meet someone that you click with?

The trouble is, I know exactly the type of man I would like to be with. I even know the exact man I'd like to be with but he has no interest in me so I guess I keep looking to find one just like him. That's kind of pitiful. I'm kind of pitiful. LOL



This is a book about solo travel for women, a friend posted it to my Facebook page tonight. I guess everybody has come to the conclusion that I'm going to be alone. Well that's not going to stop me - time to make plans for my solo life.

Maybe I'll price out camper vans this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!