Tuesday, May 14, 2019

anniversaries and birthdays and changes






One year ago today I started a new job.


I had been unhappy in the job I'd had since moving to Florida and Taz was finally in a great place so he encouraged me to find something I really loved...and that's what I did. From the first moment there I knew I'd landed in a really great place. A year later, I still feel that way. My first six months were normal and I was just happy finding a place where I felt respected, The past six months have been anything but normal as I have navigated my new world but my co-workers and supervisors have been wonderful and supportive and it's been the best place I could possibly have been during this time.

So happy workiversary to me!


This was us almost a year ago on Taz's birthday. We were spending the weekend at the beach and Taz had fallen asleep so I thought it would be funny to take a picture. It turned out to be the only picture I got from that weekend. Of course I wish I could go back and live in that moment, both of us happy and healthy.


So now Taz's birthday is coming up again and I've said before that I will not sit around by myself at home so I'm gathering all my adventure buddies and Charlie and I will be hitting the road in search of ...well, I'm not exactly sure what we'll be in search of but we'll keep looking until we find it. I am really not looking forward to getting through this. Not only is it his birthday but it's also the 6 month anniversary of his death and I honestly have no idea how I'll react. I hope I surprise myself.



No matter what, I won't have much time to brood because very soon my life completely changes . I have rented out my guest room to a temporary roommate. It's a stranger (that I actually met through the Internet) and we all know how much I love hanging out with strangers, and she will be here for a month working for Disney. The extra money will help with some repairs that need to be done around the place as well as some extra expenses that have popped up this month. Actually, I think the money is all spent before I even have it so I'll probably be looking for another stranger once this one leaves whether I like the experience or not. Hopefully it won't be too weird having someone else in the house.

I lived in a few roommate situations before I got married (all strangers) and none of them were good so I approach this with trepidation. I wish I didn't, but I do.

As I was getting the room ready, I wondered what Taz would think of all this. First of all, I know he'd hate it. He'd hate the fact that I have to do all this just to survive and he'd feel that he'd failed at his one job. But after he got over that (if he could, getting over things was NOT his superpower, LOL) I think he would be proud of me for doing what needs to be done, adapting to my new reality, not letting all this defeat me.

I hope I'm making him proud.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!