Friday, May 17, 2019

birthday thoughts


When going through Taz's phone 6 months ago I found this - something he typed out on his birthday 4 years ago and saved.

Seeing those words means more to me than anything. Well, what would actually mean more than anything would be to share his birthday with him here but... But I can't change what has happened, I can only appreciate the fact that finding these words (and some other things he wrote that I will share later) is such a gift.

By the time anybody reads this I will be away on my road trip. Right now I'm getting ready for it and I'm finding it hard to concentrate. I think road trips were a lot easier and much, much more fun when they were something we were doing together. 

Trying to learn from my experience at the beach and from Taz's example, I am trying to pack snacks along with all the clothes, beach equipment and makeup that I will need. Unfortunately, too much thinking and my head starts to hurt so I imagine I'll forget something but I guess I'll figure it out as I go along.

I know I'm not the only one who will be hurting tomorrow. My heart is with anybody that loved Taz and is missing him now.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, how amazing that you found that beautiful message when you did! Thinking of you and happy birthday to your Angel husband!

    ReplyDelete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!