Monday, May 6, 2019

safari


Do you ever wonder why I post a picture of myself at the top of every blog post? It's because I feel invisible most of the time and definitely afraid of just fading away to nothingness. I feel like nobody really sees me anymore and even though I know there are people that care, it's not the same. So I guess the daily snapchat photos are just my little way of saying that I do exist, I still do.

Anyway, my weekend wasn't just about going dancing, or not going dancing as the case may be. There were other moments that need to be documented.

On Friday I took myself to my favorite Disney park - Animal Kingdom. As I may have mentioned before, the number one item on my travel bucket list is going to Kenya, specifically to a safari camp (Cottars) and Giraffe Manor. Taz wasn't quite so keen on it but he knew it was my dearest wish and I know he would have made it happen. Now I fear it never will (I know, never say never, but I have to be realistic) so going on "safari" at Animal Kingdom or walking through the village of Harambe, absorbing the sights and sounds of the music, is probably the closest I'm going to get. Luckily for me, I live within just a couple of miles from the park entrance so I plan to take advantage of that as long as I am allowed to live here. Here are a few highlights from my day:









Taz always wanted to decorate his office like a safari tent and he wanted to buy all of these to hang on the walls.

  After the thrilling safari, I felt I needed a little break from walking about in the African (Floridian) heat so I scouted out the perfect oasis - Nomad Lounge. I had only heard legends about this place, didn't even know if it existed and I traveled for days but finally found it - a perfect gem.


Isn't it charming? It's cool, the scenery is lush and they treat you like royalty. I would love to have a porch decorated like this.




They don't have an extensive food menu, it is a lounge after all, but they have a nice variety. My Truffle Poutine was delicious!

I had a lovely morning of adventure, just the right way to start a weekend and the perfect break from a reality that isn't my favorite right now. I can't wait to go back.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!