Sunday, June 9, 2019

bonjour

So, another weekend is coming to a close and I hate that I'm actually happy about that. As I've mentioned before, weekends have become very hard for me because there are endless hours to fill. All of my friends have exciting plans each weekend, or if they don't have exciting plans (and let's face it, they don't always) then they are busy running around or hanging out at home with their families.

And I'm not. I'm hanging out with myself (avoiding my boarder) or running here and there just trying to keep the loneliness from catching up to me. Sometimes, like this past Friday, it catches me no matter how fast I'm running away from it.

So today I distracted myself by going to a favorite store - World Market. There was a World Market near our house in California and Taz and I used to go there all the time. The store has a little bit of everything - international food and wine, furniture, clothing and jewelry to thrill my bohemian soul and unique kitchen stuff that Taz loved. He found his favorite stir fry pan there and loved it so much we bought one for each house. Most of my cutest kitchen decor comes from there, now that I think about it. 

Luckily there is a World Market not too far away from me in Florida and I decided a visit there today was just what I needed to boost my spirits. I love walking into that store, it's just the right blend of exotic and cozy.

While I was looking for a cute knob for my bathroom cabinet, I suddenly noticed the background music - it was some guy singing in French.

You've got to understand, one of the things that first attracted me to Taz was the fact that he had grown up in France. It was always a huge turn-on to hear him say something in French. All through the years I used to ask him to say something, anything in French. Now since I don't actually speak French (despite so many classes) he could have been whispering "you smell like rotting garbage" into my ear and I wouldn't have known and would have responded eagerly.

So hearing that song coming over the speakers made me smile and left me feeling happy on this Sunday. I guess I need to try again with French classes since hearing it spoken brings me joy.

And I found a unique knob for my bathroom cabinet. Score!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!