Monday, June 17, 2019

Winter Garden day

Even after a full weekend, I was still feeling pretty disappointed with my job situation so I didn't feel like going into work today and I did something I never do - I called in sick.

What I really wanted to do was spend the whole day on the couch watching trashy TV but my renter didn't have to go into work until noon and I wouldn't feel comfortable wallowing on the couch with her in the house so I decided to spend the morning in one of my favorite Florida towns - Winter Garden.

It's a quaint town built on the rail line and orange groves. It's filled with brick buildings, bike paths and so much history. I would love to have a shop in this town, all the buildings have interior brick accent walls and exposed piping. So much architectural detail; it hits all my aesthetic buttons.

My first stop was Rosallie French cafe. Taz was never convinced of its authenticity even though the owner is from the south of France but that's probably because they didn't sell mille-feuille (that's a Napoleon to American peasants like you and me) which was his all-time favorite French pastry. But I've always liked the place (he really did too) and now it's comforting. Plus, they have a magic mirror in the ladies room that makes me feel beautiful and every girl needs to feel beautiful from time to time.


I LOVE their chocolat chaud (hot chocolate) and today I tried a Croque Rosallie which was quite delicious and very filling. I didn't eat again until dinner. The setting is quite beautiful as well, I found myself feeling serene and happy sitting there. It's really my favorite spot to run away to.

Then it was time to go next door to Adjectives, my favorite shop in the whole world. It's a decorating/shabby chic/bohemian/vintage shop with jewelry under $20. What's not to love.





 They had these hilariously funny tea towels, I couldn't help but giggle and take pictures. I didn't buy them but they definitely describe my life.

Downtown Winter Garden has these bench swings by a fountain and under some beautiful wisteria and they are my favorite place to hang out. I made a silly little video for a friend of mine whose grandson is in the hospital and I just wanted to make her smile.





See how cute this place is?

Swinging was fun but this is summer in Florida so eventually it got too hot to sit there and it was time to go on home. Luckily I had the house to myself for the rest of the afternoon and evening.

I know that tomorrow I have to go in to work and I have to start looking for another job. I know I can't run away from reality forever but it sure was fun to do it today.


And yes, I did get myself a little treat from Adjectives, I just love pretty little things, that pearl choker I'm wearing in the video and picture above was my memento from the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!