Monday, July 29, 2019

musings


I got home from work around 4:30 this afternoon which is earlier than usual. I guess the traffic gods were smiling on me.

Anyway, it gave me extra time to think and I started wondering what life would be like right now if Taz hadn't gotten sick.

On a Monday, such as this, he would have been working from home so he would have been there when I got home. Of course, I would have been home earlier because I would still be working part-time. He would have been on the phone, he almost always was when he worked from home, so I would have taken Charlie out and then either run to the store or gone outside to enjoy the sunshine and swim.

At some point he would have knocked off work and gone out to the grill to cook something for dinner. Maybe we would have eaten outside. Because of a passing storm, it's cooler outside than usual on a July night.

Would we have taken a vacation this summer? Yes, we probably would have been getting ready to go back to California in September. We loved the cottage we rented last year and had already made plans to go back. I'm going to miss that cottage, I'll probably never stay there again. We named it Pine Cone Cottage and had planned on staying there every year.

How many times would we have gone to Disney in the past 8 months? Or Winter Garden? Or Mount Dora? Or Lakeland? Or St. Augustine? What new Florida towns would we have discovered this year?

How many times would we have fought about money? How many times would we have made up? Kissed? Hugged? 

Loved?

Why am I torturing myself with all this? Who knows. It's not like I have anything else to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!