Tuesday, August 6, 2019

life


So, I feel like I haven't updated about my fascinating daily activities in a long time. 

Yeah, I said "fascinating." 

*shrug* I know they're not fascinating to anybody but me...and most of the time, even I'm bored. LOL

I haven't done any more of the Meetup things. I've signed up for some but ended up canceling because either I wasn't all that interested or I decided I couldn't afford it.

But that doesn't mean I've been sitting around. I went to Mount Dora which was a special place for Taz and me. We spent Christmas and anniversaries there and any random weekend when we wanted to sit around and stare at water. 


I love that place but I had avoided going back until now because I thought the memories might be too overwhelming. I was wrong, it was just the right amount of memories. Although I do wish I didn't have to keep confronting memories by myself. I know I'm strong and all that but I'm tired of being strong by myself. Actually, I'm just tired of being strong at all.


This sign is for sale in one of the shops there and I think I'm going to have to buy it one day.


I combined my favorite childhood flavor and Taz's favorite into a sandwich. This is about the extent of my cooking these days.


Oh, and this - I can warm up a croissant and bacon while adding cheese and honey. The cheese is from a great place Taz and I discovered in Marin, California one time. It's a tiny little cheesemaker and they have the perfect picturesque grounds for picnicking. We went there a few times and gorged ourselves on cheese. I'm lucky that I'm still able to buy some of it in Florida because they sell it in the local grocery store. I bought the honey in a local hardware store because that's the sort of thing you do in Florida.


These are my soggy clothes after walking around in the rain last Friday night with my favorite kids. We were exploring a Disney campground called Fort Wilderness and it would not stop raining. Luckily it was more of a drizzle than a soaking rain so I just piled all my hair up under my hat and stayed out in the rain all evening. We saw cute cabins and some gorgeous horses. I haven't ridden in years but I definitely want to try it again.

The t-shirt sums up my life perfectly and I'm ok with that!

I know this was a bit of a rambling post but I haven't really done many interesting things lately so this was the best I could come up with. Hopefully I'll have more riveting stories next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!