Monday, September 23, 2019

100 happy days


A few years ago, in 2015, I discovered something called 100 Happy Days where you post a picture of something that makes you happy each day for 100 days in a row. The idea is that if you focus on happy things, your attitude will be happy as well.

I thought it sounded fun and that year had been a bit tumultuous so I needed a little happy. Literally the next day Taz came home from work (we were living in Florida at the time) and said the company had run out of money so he was out of a job. What a time to have dedicated myself to finding the happy, right?

For some reason, even though it would have been so easy to decide not to go ahead with it, I decided to stick to the 100 happy days even when we decided to move back to California, even when we both had trouble finding new jobs, even when we were down to our last $20 in the bank and the mortgage payment was due and we had no food in the house.

The picture above was taken on the 100th day at the end of that summer. By that time Taz had a job in San Francisco and we could at least pay the mortgage and eat. Things were looking up-ish (for that moment at least, 2016 was a whole new story) and I truly believe we got through that summer relatively unscathed because of my focus on those 100 days.

So, as we only have 100 days left in 2019, I'm going to begin the experiment again. It doesn't mean I won't complain from time to time (grin) but at least once every day I'm going to post a picture of something that makes me happy. For today what makes me happy is that picture up there of my little family. I will always be grateful for each day we spent together, even the really sucky ones.

Get ready to get your socks blown off with happiness for the rest of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!