Sunday, September 1, 2019

day 3


Confession - I didn't do any of the yard work.

In my defense, it looks like we're not getting a hurricane after all. The darling storm decided to stay out in the ocean as it goes up the coast and, at most, we'll just have tropical storm conditions which isn't that much different than our usual afternoon thunderstorms.

On the other hand, I should probably go ahead and clean up the loose branches just because it needs to be done. Nah, that kind of thinking rarely works with me.

If the projected path of the storm looks worse tomorrow, I will think about getting in the garage, trying to figure out how to get the door open (there's a padlock that Taz put there and I'm not sure where the key is) and I might try to move boxes to one side so that I could squeeze my car in there. Even if I really don't need it for this storm, it wouldn't be a bad idea to have a way to protect the car if another hurricane might come along.

Oh well, I'll think about that tomorrow.



Today, instead of hurricane prep, I swam in the morning. It really was a picture perfect Florida morning here, sun and warm but not too humid. You would never guess there was any sort of storm heading our way.

But then it rained so I went in and cooked myself some lunch and maybe got into some of the hurricane snacks. What? Don't look at me like that, I don't have anybody to set a good example for.

Then I got depressed and cried. I've got to stop doing that. I feel like I've regressed back to where I was at the beginning of the year. So, what do you do when you're feeling blue and unloved? You take a nap.

I woke up feeling refreshed so that meant it was time to head off for Epcot. This would be my 3rd visit - only one more till I get those coasters.

I had hoped to have company for this visit (my kids!) but that didn't work out so I was feeling a little lonely which made every in-love couple out there stand out just a little more. Who knew there were so many coupled up people out there.


The weather was pretty awesome and I was quite hungry so I decided to head over to the World Showcase and try something new. The crowds were a little larger than they had been the previous 2 nights but still not bad. 



The closer I got to Brazil, the more I started thinking about the pork belly they always have during the festival. Next to the escargot, this is my favorite offering and pretty soon all thoughts of trying something new just flew out of my head and I found myself lining up and ordering my old favorite. I don't regret it at all, it was absolutely delicious!

Heading on through the World Showcase I started getting a craving for this frozen mango drink in China that Taz and I loved, only to find out that they don't have it anymore. I hate change.

Taz and I used to go to Epcot for exercise. It's approximately 1 mile around the World Showcase so if we walked around once plus the additional steps to and from the parking lot we got our 2 mile walk in. He wasn't that big of a Disney fan but he did love Epcot so I thought of him as I walked around. I especially thought of him when someone would stop walking right in front of me so that I almost bumped into them. Taz hated crowds and that probably would have set him off. At least he doesn't have to worry about stuff like that anymore. I settled for just telling them off in my mind as I stepped around them.

I did have a good time, I don't think that's coming across as I write this. But I was feeling rather down so I just headed for the parking lot after completing just the 1 mile loop. I still have to go back tomorrow (and I might actually have company this time, I've been told the kids want to ride some rides with me) so I was more than ready to get back home, take a shower and rest up for the final day of the quest.

Tomorrow I get those damned coasters!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!