Monday, September 2, 2019

Day 4!



Yesterday was the last day of my Quest for the Coasters and I am happy to say that I completed the challenge!



I went mostly in the evenings but yesterday I was at the park by rope drop at 9am.



I had breakfast at the same place Taz and I ate a year ago. They have added french toast to the eggs, sausage, bacon and potatoes. I thought it was an unnecessary addition but darned if I didn't eat all of it.



Thus fortified, I was off to stand in the long line to get my coasters...except there wasn't much of a line. It was horrendous last year but this year I walked up, got my magic band scanned and was handed a little lavender box with the coasters. Easy peasy. 

They are very cute and go perfectly with last year's cutting board. I will display one and actually use the rest. They come in a cute wooden tray.

As you may have guessed from reading my last couple of blogs, going to Epcot alone for this challenge was getting increasingly sad for me. I was feeling very lonely so I was very glad that my kids (and their parents) were going to be able to join me on this last day. I ended up spending almost 12 hours at the park yesterday. We rode pretty much every ride that the park has to offer and did a scavenger hunt in each of the "countries" of the World Showcase.


It was the perfect antidote to the loneliness I'd been feeling. Who can be lonely when you have amazing kids right there to hold your hand and sit next to you on each ride?

But today is a new day and it looks like we'll be getting some tropical storm effects starting tonight going through Wednesday so it's time for me to bring in all the outdoor furniture and finally take care of those stray branches. I still haven't figured out how to get the garage door open so the car is just going to be on its own out there.

I found out yesterday that all my friends will be riding out the storm at the Disney hotels. I know it's not their responsibility to check on what I'll be doing during the storm. I didn't expect anybody to include me in their plans and good thing that I didn't. I'm only human though and I'm still hurting so much and fighting against this new life I've been given so, I'm sorry but I can't help being sad about being alone. It may be unreasonable but that's where I am, just being honest.

So I guess self-sufficiency is the word of the day and the rest of my life. I'll get over feeling sorry for myself, I always do, but right now it's not working so well.



I made one last trip to the store for "essentials." Hey, double stuff Oreos are mostly certainly an essential right now!

Next time I write I'll probably be in the middle of the storm or maybe I'll just wait till it's over. Right now I'm going to get a garbage bag and go try to fit big branches into it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!