Wednesday, September 4, 2019

over it


The hurricane has come and gone and now life goes back to normal...whatever that is.

The wind started picking up around 9pm and then the rain came. It rained pretty much all night but it didn't seem like there was much wind. I wouldn't really know, I went to bed at 10 and, although I woke up a couple of times, I slept through the whole storm until I woke up around 7.

All that stress and worry and it was a non-event. Which is good, I wouldn't want to be dealing with the damage we had with Irma 2 years ago, or worse, but it does seem rather anticlimactic.

Because the original forecast was pretty dire for our area, the local governments closed yesterday and today which means my work was closed even though the weather on both days was better than your usual summer day. I'll take a couple of days off, no problem!

So what did I learn from this experience? I learned that I can do whatever I set my mind to. I learned that I don't *need* help but I sure would have liked it. 

I learned that I really don't want to be alone but the reality is that if this scenario is going to happen again (and I live in Florida so it could even happen again in the next few weeks) I WILL be alone whether I like it or not.

And that sucks.

But there's nothing I can do about it except suck it up.

I'm tempted to just leave all the outdoor furniture right where it is but that means I wouldn't be able to enjoy the rest of September and October in the pool and I'm not going to do that to myself. I'm not going to dwell on the things that I'm not happy with and, instead, I'm going to put my time and energy into the things that bring me happiness.

The next few months are going to be tricky financially. All the hurricane buzz kind of let me willfully forget about that but it's hitting me in the face right now so I'm going to go out and search for all the happiness I can, wherever I can find it.

But first, I have to go wiggle my car out of the garage again.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!