Saturday, September 28, 2019

first week of "happy"


Ha ha, bet you thought I'd forgotten about 100 happy days, didn't you?

Nah, I just decided it would make more sense to post a week's worth of pictures rather than every day.

And, just like last time I did this, within 2 days of deciding to participate my world kind of tumbled in so I was seriously tempted to just quit after the first 2 pictures because I was having trouble finding any happy but I remembered how it helped last time so here I am.



Tuesday night I went to Epcot for this concert. It's a vocal group and band that covers pop hits but arrange them like 1940s standards (my favorite genre of music) so it's funny and entertaining and wonderful music at the same time. I enjoyed them so much that I attended all 3 concerts that night.

I don't love Florida but I do appreciate the fact that I live so close to Disney World because it gives me something to do with my time, it's a safe environment for me to be alone and there's lots of fun entertainment. I was lucky enough to be joined by a friend and her daughter for the middle concert. After that I stayed to watch the fireworks show - Illuminations - one last time before it ends on September 30. It was Taz's very favorite show so I went to honor his memory because it was something he would have done but it took its toll on my emotions and left me feeling vulnerable and raw.



I have now been driving Taz's car for over 10 months (my beloved purple RAV is dead in the driveway and I can't afford to get it fixed) and I never knew it had heated seats until Wednesday so that's something that made me happy. You know what they say - warm bottom, warm heart. Wait, they don't say that? Well, they should!



Sugar skulls are awesome! I have a thing for skulls, I have no idea where it started. Maybe I like them because it shocks people and I do love shocking people who have underestimated me.

This particular skull was out front of the restaurant where my office mates and I had lunch on Wednesday to say goodbye to our boss who was retiring. I love my coworkers so any time to socialize with them makes me happy and all the skull decoration in the restaurant was just icing on the cake. Not to mention it was nice to be out to eat which is something I don't get to do often these days.



Yes, this is a picture of Charlie and she always makes me happy but this particular picture is of her sleeping on my legs while I was watching a show on the big TV at work. I had just decided that morning to disconnect my cable TV and internet at home because I'm running out of money and don't know if I can pay the mortgage for much longer so I have to economize. Getting rid of the internet (and to a smaller degree, TV) scares me because I spend SO much time at home alone and not being able to easily connect to the outside world or distract myself with a funny show or romantic movie is going to make that time so much worse. If I'm being honest, I'm afraid it might push me over the edge but, hopefully, since I'm aware of the threat, I can keep it from happening.

Anyway, on the day this picture was taken (Friday) I was at the office alone and after I stopped crying, I went into the conference room and, for the first time since I'd started working there almost a year and a half ago, I turned on the big TV in there and discovered that it is hooked up to a streaming service so I can watch shows on it. Since I was there all by myself I decided to take a little break and watch something. Since Charlie goes to work with me most days she was there and jumped up on my lap. In that moment, I was happy. I was watching a show I really like with my best friend snoozing on my legs and I was getting paid for it.

All too soon my lunch break ended and the show finished and I was back to work but it was a really nice moment while it lasted. It doesn't solve the problem at home but hopefully, from time to time, I can enjoy a show at work.



Saturdays are for kicking back and relaxing and that's what I did this afternoon. I haven't slept well this week so it was really nice to snooze in the sun like Pooh. I am happiest out in the back with a book and a cold drink.

So there's my first happy week. We'll see what I come up with next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!