Wednesday, September 18, 2019

pool


A friend recently asked why we bought a house in Florida and why we held on to it with all the ups and downs in our lives these past 19 years.

Heck if I know.

No really, there have been times I've wondered the same things myself. What were we thinking when we bought a house in freaking Florida when we lived in California?




Then I look out at my pool and I know what my main motivation was. I had always wanted a house with a pool, especially since we'd started vacationing at beach houses with pools when we lived in Virginia.

I'm not sure why Taz agreed to buy the Florida house except he couldn't think of a good reason not to...and he really wanted to make my pool dream come true.



And I am eternally grateful. Being able to spend weekends out in the back, swimming and reading by the pool, is pretty much the only thing that makes me feel normal these days.

Taz used to smile at me whenever he saw me out by the pool. It made him happy to see me so happy. I really hope it makes him happy up in heaven to see that I'm still spending as much time out there as I can.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!