Saturday, May 9, 2020

pop


Well, it happened again. A colleague of Taz's from California reached out to him on his phone (which is now my number) because he wanted to see how Taz was doing these days. He later said he had emailed a couple of times and had decided to text when he didn't hear anything back.

Of course I had to break it to him and that just never gets any easier. It's been a year and a half and it still feels so wrong to type those words.

Of course he was shocked, didn't know what to say and then he apologized for refreshing my pain. I told him I was just happy that someone had been thinking of Taz and that's so true but yes, it refreshed the pain. Just when I start thinking I'm getting strong and have a handle on this, I get knocked back a peg. 

So I shed a few tears in the privacy of my room and then I took Charlie on a long walk which makes both of us happy and warmed up some of that pulled pork for dinner. It's lasted all week!

You can knock me down but I guess I always pop back up; it must be my superpower.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!