Thursday, December 19, 2019

stuff


See that picture up there? I took it this morning at work, about 10 minutes before I realized my shirt was on backwards.




Here's how it's really supposed to look. You'd think I would have noticed the lack of lace in front.



It's chilly here today, perfect soup weather, so I was thrilled to see this come up in my Memories on Facebook. Five years ago I made French Onion Soup and I was smart enough to blog about it because I lost the original recipe long ago. Taz loved this soup and I have no idea why I never made it again except that it's rather time consuming. I kind of feel like making it again except the pot I used is still in storage in California and I'll probably never see it again since I can't afford to keep paying the storage bill.

Here is the link to the blog post about making the soup.



I went caroling again last night but this time with a group of friends, many of whom are learning to play the ukulele. We just walked around my friend's neighborhood, down to a street where 11 different houses decorate with many lights and coordinated music. It was a chilly evening, perfect Christmas weather (which is unusual in Florida) and we all had a great time. It makes me want to learn to play the ukulele. I've always wanted to play the guitar but my hands are small and it's been challenging. Maybe the uke would be more my speed.

I will add that to the list of things I want to do in 2020. Yes, I have a list that I will write more about as we get closer to the new year. I feel like in 2019 I was, more or less, in a holding pattern, mostly just surviving as I navigated this new world I've been thrown into. Now it's time to push the boundaries a bit, explore who I am now and try some new things. My life has changed and I want to change too. It's time to figure out who this new Jonni is. I'm feeling a bit sassy - it's time to break some rules.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!