Tuesday, December 31, 2019

goodbye 2019


So, it's finally here - the end of 2019. 

Thank goodness, it's been a long year although in some ways it seems to have gone by so fast.

I remember this time last year. I didn't want 2019 to happen. I didn't want to live in a year that Taz didn't get to live in too. I was scared to face a new year without him.

But guess what? 2019 came anyway, whether I wanted it or not.

And I survived. I faced all sorts of obstacles without him by my side for moral support and I made it through...somehow.

And I absolutely know that I wouldn't have made it through without the love and support (both emotionally and financially) of my friends and family.

I know I'm blessed and I wasn't alone even though there were so many moments that I did feel alone. There were moments when I didn't think I could go on, when I wished I wouldn't wake up the next morning, when it would have been ok if fate just stepped in and ended it all.

But I kept waking up, morning after morning, so I guess there are still things I need to do on this earth. There is more left to my story and I should get out of the way and let it happen.

So here's to 2020! I'm looking forward to seeing what you bring me. Hopefully it'll be somebody to kiss when we welcome in 2021. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!