Tuesday, January 21, 2020

Tuesday stuff


Hello from chilly Florida! I know it's not REALLY cold the way it is in other places (I heard it was 9 degrees in Virginia this morning) but it's cold enough for me, see my boots? 




I'm back at work after a holiday yesterday. It was glorious being able to sleep in for 3 days in a row and yesterday I ran around to the mall to return some dresses that I'd ordered back in December. One dress was a little too much and the other wasn't nearly enough. Luckily I'd ordered a third dress and that one was just right...I feel like Goldilocks.

I ordered the dresses for a Clan gathering (that's what we call our group of friends) but now I'm hoping I'll have an actual date reason to wear it too at some point. Valentines Day would be perfect but I'm not expecting that to happen.

I returned home to the blissful peacefulness of an empty house. My roommates decided to extend their stay at the beach and won't be back until Wednesday afternoon so my house feels like mine again (with several additional boxes in the way) and I'm enjoying it so much. It's hard to believe they've only been moved in for a little over a week, it feels much longer but I didn't have any trouble getting back to my old routines starting on Sunday afternoon.

So over the weekend my new friend (I'll call him Joe) and I hooked up...

...our Disney accounts. Now we can plan spur of the moment trips whenever he is up in this area (he lives 70 miles away) and make reservations for each other. It was nice to have somebody to walk with in the parks. I have gone solo many times and doubtless I will again from time to time but it gets hard and sad to see all the couples walking around and know you used to have that and now you're alone. On Saturday I didn't feel sad and I laughed a lot. For once I didn't feel a little pathetic, walking along by myself in a crowd of people. It was nice to feel normal again and I want to enjoy every bit of this experience whether it lasts long or not.



I'm also having fun being a temporary cat mom. As long as I feed them twice a day and scoop the litter every evening, cats are remarkably easy to take care of.



I did discover yesterday that as much as Charlie likes BlackBerry, she  has a line that should not be crossed. She does not plan on sharing *my* food with anybody. I was eating dinner (pancakes and bacon) and BB kept walking on the back of the couch right by me. It was annoying me a little but it really bugged Charlie and her lip curled up over her tiny teeth as she growled. She is the only one that gets to share my food apparently. Once the food was gone, she was back to being a friend to all.



Here is Loki making a rare appearance. He's getting braver - he even hissed at Charlie yesterday when she got too close. I'm afraid though that it didn't have the effect he intended. Charlie, like many girls, can't resist a bad boy who isn't into her. She took it as a challenge and wanted him even more so now she chases him every time she sees him.

I, on the other hand, won't chase anybody and I'm done with bad boys. I know there are women out there that practically throw themselves at men just to get attention but I'm not one of them. Yes, it hurts when someone doesn't like me as much as I like them or doesn't want to even take the time to get to know me but I don't chase when someone ghosts. So this thing with Joe will last as long as it's meant to and then I'll move on. I just know there's still something real and amazing out there for me.

2 comments:

  1. You're beautiful, funny and kind so you definitely don't need to chase anyone! I'm glad you have a Disney friend and someone to hang out with, I think you're wise just to enjoy and let things happen naturally!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the kind words, it's weird how being out there in the dating world can bring up so many insecurities I've never had to deal with before so I really appreciate your encouragement. Did you know that Fancy Flea in April is going to be inside this year? They're holding it at the RP Funding center in Lakeland which I think will be SO much nicer, it can get so hot in April. I hope you'll think about making the trip up, I'd love to see you again!

      Delete

Pull up a chair on the porch, have some lemonade and leave your comment in my mailbox. Thanks for visiting my little cottage!